Recruiter: Optima UK
Application date: 19th Apr 2019
We are working with a growing Design & Manufacturing business, who are looking for an experienced Materials Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
In this role, you will be reporting into the Operations Manager, and working closely with the Purchasing team. Responsibilities include, but won’t be limited to:
• Facilitating the manufacturing of goods through the fabrication, coating and assembly departments to meet the needs of the customer’s order requirements.
• Developing and managing forecasting for short and long-range material planning (for 6 months and 12 months periods).
• Providing support and work orders to the production department to allow manufacture at the correct time.
• Analysing stock levels and product demands.
• Liaising with Engineering, Production and Commercial departments to ensure OTIF.
• Reviewing material shortages, stock outages and safety stock levels.
• Managing relationships with suppliers to maintain OTIF and arrange audit visits.
• Manage import and export compliance obligations.
• Supporting the purchasing department where needed, by procuring materials and negotiating with suppliers.
• Working with the company’s ERP system – controlling and supporting logistically with supplying material, tooling and other items to enable production needs.
• Working with the production admin team to realise YOY material purchase savings of 3%.
• Managing the shipment process of goods for the site.
• Supporting the Operations Manager to enable the strategic goals of the site to be met.
• International travel will be required (between 1-2 months).
The ideal candidate will have a background in inventory control or purchasing, within an Engineering/Manufacturing environment, as well as:
• Be process driven.
• Be a self-starter who can work independently
• Degree in STEM subject (ideal)
• CIPS qualified or working towards a qualification
• Basic knowledge of project management.
• Proficient user of Microsoft office systems, and ideally ERP/MRP systems.
• Previous experience in negotiating with suppliers.
• Ability to demonstrate leadership.
• Analytical and driven to provide solutions to problems and action these solutions.
• Clear communicator, confident in liaising with suppliers across European countries.
• Knowledge of Import Compliance advantageous.
• Salary: between £35,000 and £45,000 per annum, depending on experience.
• Annual bonuses (measured monthly).
• Medical Insurance.