Materials Planning and Logistics Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Market related
Application date: 26th May 2021
A Materials Planning and Logistics Manager is required to join a growing engineering company that specialise in the development and manufacture of green power generation equipment.
Successful applicants will be from an engineering or manufacturing background in a fast-paced environment.
Materials Planning and Logistics Manager – Key Responsibilities
• Strategically coordinate material planning and logistics activities.
• Create factory delivery, schedule adherence, inventory and capacity reports.
• Define and develop processes to support lean scheduling and replenishment systems.
• Develop internal logistics systems from point of receipt to point of use.
• Develop and maintain the production schedule in alignment with the Sales, Inventory and Operations Plan (SIOP) to support on time delivery to customers.
• Management of stores and materials handling and the production planning team.
Skills and Experience required for Materials Planning and Logistics Manager
• Experience in the use of SAP in a lean manufacturing environment.
• Proven leadership experience within a materials planning or logistics role in a fast-paced engineering production environment.
• Hands on attitude with a dynamic approach to problem solving.
• Preference will be given to candidates that have experience in taking departments through steep production ramp ups.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Materials Planning / logistics specialist to develop their career and work in a highly dynamic environment with an exciting product.