Mechanical Project Engineer
Recruiter: CKF Systems
Application date: 17th May 2021
CKF is an established UK Robotics and Automation supplier who have been operating for 33 years. We have a wealth of experience, as an automation systems integrator, transforming the operations of our customers in the manufacturing and logistics industries by increasing throughput, reducing costs, improving safety and maximising space. We specialise in palletising solutions and have extensive experience designing and installing robotic palletiser, layer palletiser and gantry palletiser systems in our customers plants. We have successfully installed systems, and have vast experience, in a wide range of sectors including food & beverage, e-commerce, automotive and pharmaceutical.
This role will suit:
• A Minimum HNC qualified mechanical engineer, with automation, robotics (not essential) and conveying experience.
• A Mechanical Project Engineer who can take direct control of a range of projects, some into the millions of pounds.
• Capable of fronting up with major names and global business brands across different sectors, maintaining relationships and company reputation.
• Evidence of leadership qualities.
• Related industry experience – Food, Pharmaceutical or Automotive preferred.
• Experienced in 2D / 3D CAD design.
The role’s working environment and opportunities:
• Modern manufacturing facility based in Gloucester.
• Enthusiastic, hard-working team which looks out for each other.
• Specialist company which has a long record of repeat business with well known blue chip clients.
• Genuine opportunity to play a key part in the company’s future growth.
The job will involve:
• Providing the first point of contact for your customer.
• Taking direct control of the mechanical aspects of automation projects, as well as liaising with electrical, controls, software and manufacturing colleagues.
• Full responsibility for the performance of your projects from both a financial and timings perspective.
• Regular site and supplier visits.
• Provide technical support to the design, sales and proposal teams.
• Support in the preparation of technical documentation including CE.
• Support the implementation and commissioning of equipment on customer sites both within the UK and abroad.
• Ensuring conformance to all current UK and foreign standards (when applicable).