Mechanical Sales Engineer
Recruiter: CKF Systems
Application date: 22nd Nov 2021
CKF is an established UK robotics and automation supplier that has been operating for 33 years. We have a wealth of experience, as an automation systems integrator, transforming the operations of our customers in the manufacturing and logistics industries by increasing throughput, reducing costs, improving safety and maximising space. We specialise in palletising solutions and have extensive experience designing and installing robotic palletiser, layer palletiser and gantry palletiser systems in our customers plants. We have successfully installed systems, and have vast experience, in a wide range of sectors including food & beverage, e-commerce, automotive and pharmaceutical.
This role will suit:
• A Minimum HNC qualified mechanical engineer, with automation, robotics (not essential) and conveying experience.
• An experienced mechanical engineer, who has experience in a similar proposals / estimating environment. Who is conscientious, hardworking, with excellent IT and communication skills.
• Capable of fronting up with major names and global business brands across different sectors, maintaining relationships and company reputation.
• Related industry experience – Food, Pharmaceutical or Automotive preferred.
• Experienced in 2D AutoCAD & 3D Inventor design packages.
The role’s working environment and opportunities:
• Modern manufacturing facility based in Gloucester.
• Enthusiastic, hard-working team which looks out for each other.
• Specialist company which has a long record of repeat business with well known blue chip clients.
• Genuine opportunity to play a key part in the company’s future growth.
The role will involve:
• Technical and commercial evaluation of sales enquiries, ensuring that all relevant information is available.
• Preparation of proposal drawings, tender documents and estimation cost sheets in accordance with customer requirements and the appropriate standards.
• Maintain a close working relationship with the sales team and provide internal support to all sales related activities.
• Contribute and / or convene technical review meetings to assess proposals when required.
• Maintain accurate records of all tenders submitted, including associated documentation.
• Support weekly sales meetings and prepare weekly status reports of proposal activity where required.
• Liaise closely with the senior management team and provide support to other areas of the business i.e. design, projects, manufacturing, controls and the installation / commissioning teams.