Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £50,000 + attractive benefits package
Application date: 31st Jan 2020
Seeking a talented and experienced MP&L Manager to work with a leading innovative and advanced design and manufacturing business. This organization is ambitious and continuing to develop its growth strategy further. As part of the Senior Management Team, the MP&L Manager will have full responsibility for managing the end to end supply chain of this business. We are looking to recruit an MP&L Manager who has proven experience of managing all aspects including; production planning, capacity, material control, inventory management, developing supply chain strategies and CI within a high volume manufacturing business.
As MP&L Manager, you will report directly to the Operations Manager and responsibilities will include:
• Lead capacity planning activities ensuring delivery against operational requirements and which optimise manufacturing efficiency and costs
• Refine systems and methods to continually improve plans to better anticipate customer needs
• Assess existing capacity and develop operational plans and forecasts based on future plans for demand.
• Manage deviations from the plan that have a financial impact.
• Monitor key manufacturing processes for capacity and demand, identify capacity constraints and provide analysis.
• Analyse specifications and capacity and undertake appropriate calculations to estimate job requirements in terms of labour, tools, materials and resources.
• Review data, trends and diagnose problems and concerns.
• Identify and drive improvement initiatives that optimise capacity and ensure the best return on investment without adding risk or disruption
• Utilise knowledge and research methods to benchmark capacity planning activities and to drive best practice results
• Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives, deliver best practice results and works to make continuous improvements.
• A proven track record of success/achievement within a similar material and production planning role, demonstrating experience gained within a volume manufacturing environment.
• Good understanding of supply chain processes.
• Experienced manager used to managing a multi-skilled team.
• Excellent MRP/ERP systems experience
• Fully proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
• Results orientated and organised with the ability to plan and deliver.
• Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
With plans to continue to grow and expand this successful business, this is a fantastic opportunity for a talented MP&L Manager, looking for a new and challenging role that will offer career development. In return for your materials, planning and logistics experience you will be offered a highly competitive salary and benefits package.