Operational Excellence Lead
Recruiter: Michael Page
Application date: 8th Nov 2023
About Our Client
Michael Page Manufacturing are working in partnership with a Global Manufacturing Business that are looking for a Operational Excellence Lead to join their business based in Derbyshire. This is a new role added to the structure to support the General Manager on a site transformation
Our customer is operating in a market that is highly resilient and proving a source of growth and investment. This growing business located in Derbyshire is looking to drive plant efficiency’s following heavy investment and sales growth and they are offering a great opportunity for a Operational Excellence Lead to make a positive difference
The Operational Excellence Lead will oversee a plant optimisation strategy, create data streams in which to make positive change decision and be focused on creating a culture that embraces change. they will also:
• Lead efforts to identify, assess, and optimise critical business processes across various departments within the company.
• Develop and implement strategies to streamline work flows, reduce waste, and enhance overall operational efficiency.
• Drive a culture of operational excellence throughout the organisation by establishing and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure and improve performance.
• Provide regular reports and insights to senior management.
• Establish data-driven insights to identify trends, areas for improvement, and opportunities for change
• Collaborate with HR to develop workforce plans that align with the company’s strategic objectives.
Implement change management strategies to ensure smooth transitions during process improvements and organisational changes.
• Effectively communicate changes to all stakeholders and manage resistance effectively.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have:
• Degree in an Engineering/Technical Discipline, or a related field would be advantageous
• IOSH/NEBOSH qualification would be advantageous
• Proven experience in business process improvement, operational excellence, and people development, ideally within the defence or aerospace industry but not essential
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and leverage data to make informed decisions.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead cross-functional teams effectively.
• Lean Six Sigma or similar certifications are highly desirable.
What’s on Offer
Competitive salary and a platform to create a wider role with in this growing organisation