Operational Excellence Manager
Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: Excellent salary + benefits
Application date: 29th Aug 2023
About Our Client
My client is an established manufacturing business based on the outskirts of Bridgend. They have invested heavily in their current site and are going through impressive growth plans.
As the Operational Excellent Manager you will be responsible for:
• The Opex Manager is responsible for identifying process inefficiencies, eliminating waste and implementing strategies to improve overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
• This role focuses on streamlining end-to-end processes, from the initial creation of a product or service to its delivery to the customer by analysing value streams, identifying bottlenecks and implementing change.
• With the implementation of lean methodologies, the Opex Manager aims to improve flow, reduce lead times and enhance the quality and value of the businesses offerings.
• The Opex Manager collaborates with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to drive continuous improvement initiatives, foster a culture of learning, and implement best practices. The role involves utilising tools such as value stream mapping, Kaizen events and visual management to identify opportunities for improvement and drive change.
• Lead and manage the value stream optimisation initiatives across business, ensuring alignment with strategic goals and objectives.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including operations, supply chain, engineering and quality, to identify process inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
• Work closely with stakeholders to develop and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for value stream performance and regularly report on progress and achievements through company SQCDPI process.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement by promoting lean principles and methodologies throughout the organisation.
The Successful Applicant
As the Operational Excellence Manager you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Lean Six Sigma certification is highly desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree/HND/HNC in business, engineering, operations management, or a related field.
• Proven experience as a CI Manager or similar role, with a track record of successfully implementing lean methodologies and driving process improvement initiatives.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of lean principles, value stream mapping, continuous improvement methodologies and project management.
• Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams and facilitating collaborative problem-solving sessions.
What’s on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits.