Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 (DoE) + benefits
Application date: 10th Mar 2021
An experienced Operations Director is required for a dynamic and growing manufacturing & distribution company. This business has an excellent reputation for the supply of specialist industrial components and fasteners used across a wide range of industrial sectors, they have now become a key supplier to many successful OEMs and recognised brands. As Operations Director you will be part of the Senior Management Team and report directly to the Managing Director. The scope of your responsibility will cover Purchasing, Manufacturing, Supplier Development, Quality, Facilities, Warehousing & Distribution.
To complement your strong operational leadership experience you will have a creative, resourceful, confident and energetic personality with the ability to motivate others to achieve high levels of performance, delivery and customer satisfaction. In addition, you will be commercially astute with a real eye for detail, having the gravitas and credibility to work at all levels within the business and externally when dealing with suppliers and customers.
To be considered for this Operations Director position you must have:
• Experience of taking strategic objectives and turning these into sound credible operational plans, that are owned and delivered by your first line and their teams.
• Significant leadership and people management experience, an ability to lead by example, setting high standards with a real belief in getting the best out of people through coaching, training and mentoring.
• A tenacious approach to instilling disciplines that will deliver operational excellence and achievement of exacting Health & Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery standards.
• Industry experience gained within a fast-paced manufacturing, warehouse and distribution business operating under a modern ERP environment.
• An ability to further develop a high-performance team-based culture that will support the implementation of lean continuous improvement techniques, visual management and simple but effective KPIs.
• Strong numerical ability be data driven, able to evaluate information & KPIs and use this as the basis for decision making and a constant drive for efficiency and improvement.
• Qualifications ideally to HND/degree level in either manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, business or management.
• Excellent communication skills, listening, written and verbal with an ability to build robust working relationships internally and externally with suppliers and customers.
• A dynamic, driven and approachable personality not prepared to accept second best with a real passion for people development and the pursuit of delivering exceptional customer service.