Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Competitive salary and package
Application date: 5th Jan 2022
Supporting an existing, established manufacturing company with a globally recognised brand for the design, manufacture and supply of commercial vehicle tankers and jetting equipment, this new position of Operations Director is to further support and develop their management teams as well as improve overall operational performance.
Working within this complex and varied product solutions environment which has a high level of focus on product conformance and supplying the customer with modern on-board and complex vehicle systems, this role is seeking an experienced individual to draw the management team further together through mentoring and development, as well as focusing on WIP reduction, parts availability, scheduling, cost of delivery and manufacturing efficiency.
Working with high complexity products and high level BOM’s, this large site operation in the West Midlands has a full order book and is strategically focused on continued growth. Reporting to the Managing Director, the teams reporting to the Operations Director will include operations, procurement, planning, logistics and distribution.
To support this role, you must have/be:
• Suitably qualified to degree level and above.
• Proven leadership experience of working within a complex product environment.
• Proven expertise in focusing on manufacturing, scheduling, supply chain and overall operational performance improvement.
• Proficient in MRP/ERP systems.
• Large team management experience and be able to mentor and provide training as required, along with associated HR issues.
• Able to work closely with all levels of the organisation and ensure an open and un-siloed approach.
• A natural ability to positively influence people when implementing change.
• Travel as required in support of operational, procurement and customer needs – this will include international travel as and when.
• Work closely with the senior management team.