Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: North West
Salary: Up to £100,000 (DOE) + benefits
Application date: 24th Oct 2023
Do you have manufacturing and engineering experience, and are you seeking a new job in the Northwest? Jonathan Lee Recruitment is helping an established award winning manufacturing company recruit an Operations Director, this full-time operations role comes with an excellent salary and benefits package.
As Operations Director, you will be responsible for overall manufacturing execution, including EHS, quality, delivery and cost. You will build and deliver on the annual operating plan aligned to the division’s manufacturing strategy and will encourage standards of manufacturing excellence whilst fostering a positive culture and working environment for employees.
In this role, you can expect to:
• Ensure facilities are operated safely and establish preventative practices to continue to improve the safety performance of the sites
• Build, lead, and promote a culture of safety
• Ensure sites are in full regulatory compliance with all local laws and comply to group best practice
• Ensure quality and delivery excellence with customers to enable growth
• Ensure all plant and product accreditations are maintained year over year and new qualifications gained as appropriate for the growth of the business.
• To apply for this Operations Director role, you will need a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline, such as manufacturing, or engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Materials, Industrial or Systems).
You will also require the following:
• Six Sigma or Lean experience
• At least six years of experience in manufacturing leadership roles
• Extensive safety knowledge (ideally, IOSH accreditation)
• Prior experience in successfully implementing lean manufacturing/5S and productivity improvement initiatives.
In return for your dedication, collaboration and commitment, you’ll receive a generous salary and benefits package, joining a welcoming and inclusive culture.