Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: Competitive salary & benefits package
Application date: 15th Dec 2023
About Our Client
My client is a privately owned, well-established (30+ years) contract manufacturer for a wide range of customers for varied industrial industries. They make and provide electronic parts that go into the automotive, aerospace, defence, and other electronics, etc. sector.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of Company wide technical policies and engineering standards as necessary to drive superior levels of performance across all business units.
• Establishing minimum technical operating standards and providing direction, advice and support to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Senior Managers/Mangers and their teams in the promotion of best practices across the Company to improve technical and engineering management and where practical standardise processes across the Company.
• To organize and monitor shop floor manufacturing and production to maximise productivity and minimize disruption. Lead and monitor direct reports to ensure they meet set targets as planned. Liaise with Planning, Supply Chain, Sales and other relevant staff regarding scheduling of customer orders. Identify and implement CI actions.
• Recommending the introduction or amendment of policies and procedures determined to deliver first class operational performance in line with our QMS and auditable standards.
• Responsible for introducing, establishing and reviewing technical key performance indicators (KPI) and for monitoring and auditing the technical performance of each business unit.
• Developing a technical inspection and audit programme in conjunction with the Quality function to ensure that proper governance is being adhered to across all business units.
• Responsible for advising the Managing Director and SLT on all matters relating to the technical operation and maintenance of the Company.
• Provide management and leadership to all members of the technical management teams and to undertake mentoring and training within the Company as required in support of the above objectives.
The Successful Applicant
• Higher level education (degree or MBA) is desirable
• Previous demonstrable experience in a similar role, within the manufacturing/electronics industry (with experience of practices and models)
vStrong, demonstrable experience of leading large teams in a manufacturing environment, dealing with diverse people issues
• Strong, demonstrable experience of planning and organising; can effectively plan for the unexpected
• Previous demonstrable experience in working as part of a senior team
• Strong evidence of outcome focused CI activity
• Strong level of computer literacy and analysis including ERP experience
• Ability to effectively prioritise a demanding workload to meet production plans
• Practical and is an excellent team player
• Commercially aware of the impact of actions/inaction on own departments and wider Company
• Positive and flexible approach to new challenges and change
What’s on Offer
• Competitive compensation (salary + car allowance)
• Private Medical Insurance
• Pension Scheme with Company Match
• 25 Days Holiday
• Life Insurance