Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Excellent Salary + Benefits
Application date: 28th Feb 2018
With 3 manufacturing sites across the UK and a head office in Worcestershire, our Client is a global supplier of investment castings for the aerospace and defence industries. Supported by industry recognised accreditation’s and customer approvals, their range of casting, alloys and added value processes, including machining and paint, are applied to a range of complex designed components and assemblies.
The Operations Director reports to the Group Managing Director and is accountable for providing the strategic leadership and direction to the existing teams covering production, quality and maintenance functions across all sites. The role will also develop and implement the company’s strategic operations plan to accommodate significant planned growth, increased productivity, logistical demand, quality and yield and yet reduces the time taken to get new products to market.
The Operations Director will:
• Deliver the operational strategic vision and further implement cultural change driving practical transition from current to future state
• Support the timely response and delivery of operational and quality challenges working closely alongside all internal departments and the customer
• Ensure Customer Planning functions deliver to all customer requirements
• Further define, implement and sustain cost effective and appropriate operating models, operation standards, efficiency and principles across all sites
• Ensure that all sites have the necessary resources (e.g. manpower, competence, skills, knowledge and effective equipment/processes) required to achieve targets and customer requirements
• Ensure that production culture, processes, equipment, facilities and working environment are all conducive to delivering high quality products and yields, safely
• Ensure that non-value-added activity is reduced in all manufacturing processes by using lean/Kaizen or other appropriate techniques
• Promote a culture of high employee engagement and motivation where the needs of the company are balanced with the needs of individuals
• Maintain proactive, dynamic and effective communication with customers
• Promote and maintain employee awareness and compliance of Health and Safety
• Deliver operational KPIs for all sites whilst simultaneously further developing a culture of continuous improvement that adds value
• Build appropriate business cases to support capital expenditure (CAPEX)
• Manage, develop, motivate and recruit personnel to support the targets and goals of the organisation
• Support the Managing Director as required, travelling and working with all Group sites regularly
• Support customer relationships and information delivery as required
This role will be challenging in support of the immediate further strategic growth and development of our Clients’ Group. You will need to be confident, highly focused, having the ability to lead from the outset, working to remove operational challenges, delivering continuous improvement and best practice.
Qualifications and Experience
• Qualified to degree level in an engineering related subject.
• Proven track record at a senior management level in successfully defining and delivering a manufacturing strategy to meet both the current and future business needs.
• Have substantial site and where possible, multi-site factory management experience.
• Have a track record of delivering continuous improvement and of achieving manufacturing excellence.
• Aerospace or automotive sector experience
• Whilst direct casting process experience is not essential, mechanical manufactured product experience working with metal based products and processes on a mid to high volume manufacturing basis is critical
• Willing to undertake weekly travel
If you feel you have the range of experience, skills and attributes to support this significant and strategic position, then please apply directly, or contact Matthew Heath on email@example.com