Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £45,000 - £52,000
Application date: 3rd Aug 2018
Your new company
Due to continued growth my client is now looking to recruit an Operations Manager with experience in LEAN methodology to aid their continued development and offer strategic support to ensure a continuous improvement culture is adopted by the organisation.
Your new role
Your new role as Operations Manager will include the following responsibilities:
• Working with the Senior Management team in the delivery of improved operational performance
• Ensuring most effective and efficient use of manpower, equipment and consumables in order to meet production demands.
• Drive LEAN and continuous improvement principals throughout the business
• Manage and drive the development of the skills profile within the business as well as rolling out new KPI’s.
• Train and lead all employees in best practise to promote efficiency improvements
• Manage the work force and carry out appraisals, recruitment, and disciplinary hearings
What you’ll need to succeed
To be chosen for the role you must possess previous experience as an Operations Manager in a manufacturing environment. You must also possess:
• Experience with both continuous improvement and LEAN techniques
• Management experience in manufacturing / supply chain.
• Experience handling budgets
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Thorough knowledge of relevant processes and able to carry out quality audits
• Experience in supervising a team
• Strong Leadership of the team
• Good communication skills
What you’ll get in return
£45,000 – £52,000 + Benefits