Recruiter: Evans Taylor
Location: North West
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 + car allowance, bonus & benefits
Application date: 7th Feb 2020
Operating at the forefront of their industry, our client is a highly successful and dynamic SME, manufacturing a range of plastic products to a highly demanding global customer base. Pioneers of UK based plastic recycling, they are manufacturer of a number of the leading brands in the recycled plastics market. Despite past success, growth remains firmly on the agenda and we are looking to appoint an outstanding Operations Manager to this exciting position focusing on best practice manufacturing management.
• Outstanding opportunity to lead a high change agenda and significant operational turnaround.
• Reporting to the CEO, you will have direct responsibility for a small but demanding manufacturing organisation and will lead all aspects of Production, Engineering, HSE and Quality, making substantial improvements through the introduction of process, methods and technologies.
• To set the strategy for the manufacturing function, driving waste elimination and developing a truly measurable continuous improvement culture.
• Simultaneously, you will use your expertise to lead a manufacturing team towards ‘best in class’ and know the inputs required to bring added value going way beyond cost cutting.
• You will create a rigorous quality philosophy and drive this into every aspect of operational roles and responsibility.
• To formulate and implement plans to develop an effective manufacturing and operational structure and direct, coach, train and motivate teams towards the establishment of a continuous improvement environment.
• To recommend and implement new process flows in order to reduce non value added labour time and waste.
• To align process capabilities with the needs of the business and control operating budgets and costs.
• To implement a sophisticated change programme in terms of systems, processes, people and machinery.
• This exciting role demands a high calibre manufacturing specialist, who relishes the opportunity to tackle a highly autonomous ‘hands on’ position.
• Of graduate calibre, with an engineering bias, you will have developed your expertise ideally within a progressive and demanding SME manufacturing/assembly organisation, where you will have most likely been exposed to medium/high volume products for a highly demanding customer base.
• As such, you may well be working amongst others within the plastics, recycling, extrusion, packaging, general light/medium/heavy engineering or similar best in class industry.
• A self starter, goal orientated, decisive and tenacious, you will have the stature to influence those around you creating a culture of collaboration and engagement.
• Agile and entrepreneurial, you will be the type who can challenge the status quo, champion change and introduce far reaching operational initiatives to help drive the business to unprecedented levels of performance.