Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Application date: 21st Feb 2020
On behalf of our Clients successful and growing organisation headquartered in Dorset, we are seeking a strategic level Operations Manager to take responsibility for planning, managing and controlling all aspects of production, supply chain and distribution across their UK and Chinese sister manufacturing sites with the aim of ensuring the delivery of high-quality conforming products on time, within budget, and in line with customer expectations.
Through the design, manufacture and supply of standard and bespoke acoustic focused equipment globally, this role will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of standards, procedures and KPI’s relevant to production; being able to interpret operations and supply chain information and data, taking appropriate action in order to ensure the highest attainable standards with regards to safety, quality, delivery and cost. Changes in process and operational management will be transferred and implemented within their sister manufacturing unit in China, therefore some international travel will be required.
The successful candidate will need to be an aspirational role model able to develop an effective team to facilitate future growth aspirations and succession planning. This will therefore require a strong awareness in commercial and business aspects including P&L, supply chain and procurement, sales, engineering and design.
This role will report directly to the Managing Director with success of the position being measured by the financial performance of the business, coupled with operational and quality success.
Further core comments:
• As the business is continuing to grow on an UK and international basis, candidates for this role will need to provide evidence of successful senior operational leadership experience to support this ongoing growth.
• This role is instrumental in being able to motivate and develop cultural change, leading from the front but having an approach which provides the existing work force with confidence and a desire to embrace the change needed.
• The successful candidate will need to have experience from within an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment working with various material types and mid-to-high value equipment and systems.
Candidates will also need to have:
• Strong and modern process awareness including experience of developing and implementing build schedules/procedures, production planning, KPI’s and processes
• From ‘estimate to manufacture’ process experience
• Used and understands modern business tools and systems such as SAP – where possible including implementation
• Quality management and quality tools awareness including development of test schedules/procedures
• Experience of working with internal departments and suppliers to support successful on-time accuracy of supply – in the UK and China
• Be able to work with internal and external customers in the UK and internationally as required
• A strong working exposure to lean and best practice
• Above average and relevant academic qualifications
This role will be challenging and is to support the further strategic growth this privately owned company. Candidates will need to be confident, highly focused, and able to lead from the outset. The Operations Manager will work closely with the organisation at all levels and is to enthuse and manage the existing operations team.