Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Excellent + bonus and benefits
Application date: 4th Aug 2017
My client are a global prestigious engineering and manufacturing business. They are looking for a dynamic Operations Manager with a world class manufacturing background. The role will manage both the production and supply chain operation.
Main activities and responsibilities:
• Leading, managing, developing and motivating managers and employees, ensuring a positive and engaged team.
• Developing and owning the operational strategic plan (hoshin) in line with overall company strategy.
• Analysing investment requirements (capex) in line with market indications. Preparing detailed investment proposals clearly justifying the location’s requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring production targets are met in line with customer demands. Focus on efficiency improvements and multi skilling to maximise OEE.
• Management of the warehouse and packing teams, to ensure the packing and shipping of both manufacturing and non-manufactured products on time to our international customer base.
• Management of complex manufacturing environment, including metal forming, rolling, machining and thermal processing of precision engineered parts.
• Ensuring inventory levels, both in terms of materials and finished goods, are maintained in line with corporate/business expectations.
• Responsible for the effective planning and scheduling of production, inter co purchasing and sub-contractor processes (Heat Treatment and Plating).
• Management of location Facilities and Maintenance activities, ensuring that machine downtime is kept to a minimum, and in the event of breakdowns, critical machines are given priority.
• Ensure an effective preventative maintenance programme is in place.
• Responsible for all aspects of environmental, health and safety, including the completion of up to date and valid risk assessments in areas under their responsibility.
• Customer focused approach, ensuring that any customer related problems are effectively responded to, and root cause analysis is completed using the 8D process, ensuring that long term effective solutions are put in place.
• Ensuring operational targets and KPI’s are achieved to include productivity, staff absence, on time delivery, quality, EHS, and Employee Engagement, through effective planning, monitoring and review.
• Introducing and executing productivity and efficiency improvements whilst constantly improving service and quality performance.
• Proactively encourages communication and collaboration between departments.
• Communicating, implementing and maintaining company policy and procedures.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting opportunity with an employer of choice.