Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Competitive + car, pension, PHC & bonus
Application date: 18th Sep 2020
An Operations Manager is required to provide leadership and direction for the daily operation of the plant and supporting equipment and systems. Candidates with experience of optimising plant performance through appropriate utilisation of manpower, equipment and resources would be well received.
The client, a global innovative packaging solutions manufacturer, based in Slough, requires a proactive Operations Manager to manage daily operations to ensure performance is aligned to objectives, achieving budget and managing cost. As an Operations Manager you will be required to:
• Be the site safety champion by ensuring a safety culture operates throughout the facility with implementation of all company safety requirements
• Collaborate with the Quality Manager to ensure that SOPs are established and updated as required so that plant meets customer expectations for quality and performance
• Ensure that a short and long term detailed production plan is completed and the performance against the plan is conducted
• Review production reports, activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievements or to identify areas needing quality, cycle time, cost reduction or process improvement
• Optimise plant performance through appropriate utilisation of manpower, equipment and resources.
• Develop and review a rolling 5-year strategy to ensure the UK operations function is fit for the future.
• Ensure all equipment and processes are legislative compliant now and going forward
• Implement programs and activities that provide a culture of compliance, effective goal accomplishment, productivity and morale
• Train, coach and mentor Production Shift Supervisors, Production Managers and other direct reports and ensure that all operations personnel received safety, quality and process training as required
• Prepare reports detailing significant production activities and update on operation plan and objectives
The Operations Manager should have the following skills or experience:
• Degree qualified in an engineering or manufacturing discipline
• Directly related work experience in a manufacturing environment
• Management experience
• Ability to develop, lead, inspire and maintain a team-based organisation
• Demonstrate problem solving skills and provide solutions
• Strong communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate problems and observations
• Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects and meet deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with solid experience in change management, process improvement and process optimisation to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Slough based company will offer you: