Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Application date: 15th Feb 2022
Our Client is a successful manufacturing business based in Worcestershire specialising in section rolling and fabrication. They are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to oversee and introduce additional everyday skills; help develop personnel as well as focus on operational performance development.
The successful candidate will ensure that the group’s everyday activities run smoothly and will help business unit managers to concentrate on developing working structures that will help benefit employees. The task will be to improve aspects of efficiency and productivity to help deliver consistent and desired levels of service to our customers.
The successful candidate will report to the Operations Director and serve as a member of the management team. The primary responsibility of this role is to ensure this metal fabrication business runs smoothly and delivers a service that satisfies both internal requirements and external customer expectations via a proper use of company process and procedures.
A capable and loyal workforce is already in place and your objective is to improve skills and working practices. An important part of the brief will be to mentor younger team members and other individuals to develop their skills / capabilities. Candidates need to have a real strength in communication.
• Manage and lead all operational teams within the production, warehouse, maintenance and toolroom departments within an SME establishing effective processes and procedures to meet corporate objectives and targets for future growth
• Provide strong leadership for the multiple business operations, ensuring a collaborative and proactive culture is established and driven across all areas of operations to increase efficiencies while reducing waste
• Support the Management Team in driving forward all SHEQ functions, policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment across all operations
• Establish and improve operational systems, processes and procedures across all areas of the warehouse and manufacturing facilities to improve efficiencies, improve communication and eliminate waste
• Lead and assist the managers in establishing and managing departmental budgets while implementing effective plans for growth and development of the separate business units
• Support all HR functions along with providing effective training and development of team members
• Drive continuous improvement in Process, Quality and Safety through risk assessments, root cause analysis, training and projects
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our supply chain ensuring our supply partners are delivering to the expected requirements in terms of time and quality
• Maintain site facilities, equipment and security to ensure productivity levels are maintained and downtime is reduced
• Prioritise workload, material flow and deliver against productivity levels while maintaining quality standards
• Support an active site growth plan including working with investment project teams
From working within a similar environment, the Operations Manager will need to spend time investing in his team. Success of the role will be measured on duty and process ownership, skills development, key measurables identification and implementation, centralising of business activities.
This is a hands-on and practical role working with an established privately-owned organisation whose journey of growth and success continues. This role seeks a dedicated operations leader with the experience, character and approach which can add value and support this ongoing positive direction.