Performance Development Engineer
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £40,000 - £47,000 + Benefits
Application date: 23rd Jul 2019
A Performance Development Engineer opportunity has become available for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
Its a high visibility role where you will provide engine development test support to the Performance and Validation team on NPI programmes.
You will have responsibility for conducting testing, development and sign off for engine programmes under the direct responsibility of the 900 series team.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
• Qualified to degree level or with equivalent experience.
• Demonstrable sound engineering background and experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of diesel engine principles.
• Ability to solve problems, analyse data and investigate root cause of issues.
• Self confidence and a ‘passion for the product’ are personal qualities needed to succeed in this high pressure environment.
• Experience in combustion, performance, and economy development of diesel engines.
• Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools, emissions measuring equipment and test data logging systems.
• Hands on engine testing and problem solving experience.