Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Market related
Application date: 25th May 2021
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Plant Director to join our client at their facility in Grangemouth, the role will be managing the O&M contract of a brand-new Energy from Waste facility.
The role will be involved in all aspects of legal & regulatory requirements, quality & environment assurance standards, H&S, and work in accordance with permit to operate under SEPA regs, along with company polices and working practices.
The role will report to the MD, and will be responsible for Ops Manager, Maintenance Manager, HSEQ Manager and Plant Admin.
• Responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the plant.
• Ensure that the operation of the plant is in strict accordance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements, quality and environment standards, health and safety, SEPA permit requirements, Company policies, and all company Safe working practices.
• Define the strategy for the preventative and corrective maintenance and approve the planning of work for both operations and maintenance.
• Liaise with officials of the client, councils, the Environment Agency, the Health and Safety Executive and other such bodies as and when required.
• Ensure the coordination of activities during shutdowns and outages which involves working outside of normal hours
• Promote open communications between operations and maintenance teams to fulfil all required activities for the effective running of the plant.
• Ensure that all technical documentation for all on site equipment is adequately kept, up-to-date and accessible to all staff.
• Oversee the Management of the budgets for the plant in accordance with objectives set by Head Office, and attend regular management meetings as required.
• Carry out annual staff appraisals, in line with Company policy.
• Contribute to the overall performance of the Company through co-operation/assistance with other companies’ plants, shared experiences, supporting of initiatives that are approved and supported by the senior management team.
• Participate in the preparation, planning and execution of the annual outage and any unplanned shutdowns.
• Keep abreast of and be conversant with all relevant legislation and to interpret and communicate it to all staff while giving clear guidelines in respect of appropriate action required.
Health & Safety:
• Ensure that the company complies with Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
• Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company’s Health and Safety policy and procedures to achieve the company’s overall aim of zero accidents.
• Report and take action against any contravention of statutory and company safe working practices this includes reporting accidents and incidents
• Be fully conversant with the O&M Contract
• Main point of contact and responsible for liaising with the Project Company
• Ensure all contractual and internal reporting deadlines are met
• Ensure that operations and maintenance satisfy the contractual obligations and thereby prevent any key performance failure penalties
• Maintain a good and professional relationship with the Project Company
Reporting and Payment Mechanisms:
• Responsible for ensuring that the preparation of the payments, fees and bonus calculations etc. as per the contract are completed accurately
• Ensure that the monthly service fee calculations are supplied to Finance for invoicing to meet the invoicing deadline
• Responsible for ensuring that the Annual Maintenance and Lifecycle Plan, monthly forecasts, weekly forecast and ad hoc reporting is prepared accurately and submitted on time
• Oversee the preparation of the operations and maintenance budgets and ensure of their timely submissions
• Communicate a monthly plant report to head office
CDM (Construction Design and Management Regulations)
• Ensure that the company fulfils all of its CDM obligations as the Principal Designer and Contractor as laid out in the CDM regulations 2015
• Be the principal contact and attend a CDM awareness course / updates
• Minimum HND level of qualification but preferable training to degree level in a technical/engineering capacity
• Relevant knowledge and recent experience in the operation of steam to energy and high pressure boiler systems.
• Preferable IOSH Managing Safely experience.
• Experience of managing a team is essential. Strong leadership is required.
• Computer literate and be able to manipulate data on Microsoft Packages.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate at all levels.
• Must have a good command of the English language.
• Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.