Plant HR Manager
Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: £55,000 - £62,000 + bonus & benefits
Application date: 8th Nov 2022
About Our Client
Michael Page is retained and exclusively supporting our client in the recruitment for a plant HR Manager – our client is a global organisation, a leader in the field of design, manufacturer and marketing of automotive products.
Reporting directly to the European HR Director, and with responsiblity for the management of 2 line reports (HR Generalist and Payroll Specialist), the plant HR Manager will be the site HR lead and a key driver of the business values across the organisation; Select the Best, Create the Right Environment, Build and Develop, and Recognise and Reward.
Operational excellence, continuous improvement, talent management & development and engagement will be at the heart of the role.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to);
• Collaboration with a Regional or Global HR team to lead key HR activities / initiatives
• The development and implementation of the HR policies and procedures, according to the Corporate and Business guidelines and local rules/legislation
• Support in developing the Organisation design according to the business needs and ensure its implementation
• Ownership of Performance, Talent, Succession Review for the plant
• Propose, coordinate, and implement People Development and Training Plans
• Be an integral part in on-site recruitment processes
• Ensure compliance with labour legislation in the company
• Coordinate the internal labour relations and actively participates in the negotiation with local Trade Unions
• Review of the organisation’s Rewards & Benefits offering
• Managing the analysis of risks and opportunities in their area of responsibility
• Review and management of the application of safety and environmental regulations
• Participate in the implementation and continuous improvement of the EHS Procedure
• Facilitate the establishment of the structure and establish responsibilities and resource needed for the administration and management of EHS
This role will have a requirement to have a site presence – for at least 4 days of the week in order to drive change and influence.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this plant HR Manager role, you will have proven experience within a senior generalist capacity, which has supported the businesses in achieving their strategic goals within a commercially driven and entrepreneurial environment.
Your key skills will lay in building solid relationships with even the most challenging of customers, and also have a true interest, passion and proven experience of landing projects across the entire HR spectrum. You will be a strong leader, with demonstrable experience in coaching and developing leaders, and a sound knowledge of labour relations, which are essential.
You will be CIPD qualified and have experience of working within a businesses with a diverse customer group, and ideally with a strong customer-centric focus – such as manufacturing, FMCG, engineering etc.You will have demonstrable experience across the full employee lifecycle, as well as a solid understanding around on-site H&S and compliance.
What’s on Offer
A salary of £55,000 to £62,000 (dependent on experience), plus a car allowance, bonus and benefits.