Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 + car allowance (£9900) + 20% Bonus
Application date: 3rd May 2019
A Plant Manager or Senior Production/Engineering Manager is required for an established manufacturer of chemical products based in Derbyshire.
The role of the Plant Manager includes the following:
• Provide senior level leadership to the direct and indirect team to engender a joined up operation with a passion for continuous improvement.
• Take responsibility for the whole site within a matrix organisation including operational excellence, quality, compliance and safety.
• Lead a direct team of 26 managers and sector leaders whilst indirectly responsible for over 60 employees.
• Provide coaching and mentoring to the management population and drive a culture of quality, customer service with the utmost respect for the safe use and storage of inbound and outbound chemicals.
The suitable candidate for Plant Manager will need to possess the following skills and experiences:
• Experienced Plant Manager/Engineering Manufacturing Manager or Senior Production Manager is essential
• Lean/Six Sigma certification or methodology.
• Proven track record of driving continuous improvement
• Exceptional leadership able to lead, motivate and inspire the team leading by example – Essential
• Technical qualification in Chemistry, Material Engineering, Engineering is highly advantageous.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work for an established and highly technical manufacturer of chemicals supplying some of the most innovative manufacturers globally.