Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Application date: 29th Aug 2019
An experienced Plant Manager is required for this volume manufacturing business part of larger group. To be considered for this Plant Manager position you must have significant Operations and Manufacturing management experience with a demonstrable track record of success.
To complement your strong leadership, manufacturing and business expertise you will be have a driven and dynamic personality with a real eye for detail and a passion for operational excellence. In addition, you will develop a culture based on people engagement that will include Safety, Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
To be considered for this Plant Manager position you must have:
• Significant experience working in an Operations Management position within a fast paced, automated, heavy continuous process manufacturing environment.
• A thorough understanding of implementing sustainable Lean Sigma manufacturing tools and techniques, a knowledge of TPM and, in particular, 5S would be a distinct advantage.
• A degree in manufacturing or engineering, ideally supported with post graduate management or commercial qualifications.
• An in-depth understanding of Health & Safety and demonstrate a full commitment to the wellbeing and welfare of staff.
• An ability to lead by example, setting high standards with excellent people management skills and a tenacious approach to instilling disciplines that will deliver operational excellence and achievement of Health & Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery standards.
• A broad range of manufacturing industry knowledge (steel, aggregates, ceramics) with an emphasis on automated plant, and continuous process control that will deliver consistent yield ensuring production targets and full customer satisfaction is achieved.
• A dynamic driven personality not prepared to accept second best and a real passion for manufacturing excellence and people development.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an international business in a leadership capacity as Plant Manager that will deliver the highest levels of product quality and customer service. This high-profile role will require strong leadership and business management skills together with significant experience of delivering a winning culture that can meet and exceed customer expectations.