Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £50,000 + benefits, bonus potential & pension
Application date: 8th Nov 2021
This well-established manufacturing business operates in specialist sectors and is going through a period of sustained growth. Volumes are up as the markets in which it trades in, are performing well. The business trades on a stable footing, with a dedicated and driven senior management team. The organisation is privately owned, but has a small, diverse set of investors who are keen to strengthen the business through growth and acquisition.
Due to increased demand, the organisation has asked us to assist in the recruitment of an exceptional Plant Manager for their Caerphilly manufacturing site to help drive change within the manufacturing and production side of the business and to ensure profitability and growth are maintained with robust commercial management.
You will be an experienced senior manufacturing and operational professional, have excellent people management skills and have strong knowledge of modern production methods and how lean manufacturing can be used to its fullest. You will have strong people skills and can get the best out of your teams through positive, empowered management. As “the person in charge” of this site, you will have responsibility for P/L and the delivery of EBITDA. At board level, you will report into the Operations Director.
You will also have superb stakeholder management skills, both in working with your team and managing and evoking change through more senior members of the business.
Duties & responsibilities
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the plant. Ensuring that all manufacturing and production jobs and associated activities are completed on time, meeting customer expectations.
• Develop, in conjunction with the Operations Director, the strategy for the plant, including the development and management of the site CAPEX plan.
• People Management. You will be expected to coach direct reports to develop their people management skills.
• Manage routine employee matters including performance management, absence, disciplinary and grievance matters, with the support of HR.
• Work closely with the compliance/H&S Manager to ensure that all work undertaken in the factory is completed in accordance with standard operating procedures, relevant safe systems of work are adhered to, that quality and H&S standards are upheld.
• In conjunction with your team, analyse trends relating to business KPI’s, implementing efficient processes and monitoring, with a strong focus on material usage, energy consumption and direct labour ratio’s.
• Identify areas for continuous improvement, working across the wider team to implement change effectively.
• Communicate effectively to ensure the co-ordination of all relevant inputs to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved, i.e., through daily briefings, weekly/monthly meetings etc.
• Overseeing of the Operations function to ensure that the shopfloor has the necessary, manpower, competence, skills, knowledge, and plant required to achieve production targets.
• Ideally from a senior management role in a similar background but can be flexible on the industry; more interested demonstrating the right skill set.
• Strong people management skills, with a proven track record managing a full production workforce, with experience of handling performance issues, absence, disciplinary and grievance matters.
• Experience of a working in a similar continuous improvement environment
• Senior management experience including responsible for P&L development and growth
• Commercially astute, comfortable with costings and protection of margins.
• “Person in Charge” experience
• Relevant H&S qualification, ideally NEBOSH / IOSH Managing Safely qualified
• Industry relevant qualification, Degree, HNC/HND, or ILM
• Good level of numeracy and literacy. Comfortable with data and data analysis
• Good IT skills
• Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.