Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Senior leadership package
Application date: 4th Oct 2022
My client is a highly successful global business, manufacturing niche and highly engineered products for the global automotive industry. The plant in Scotland has been established for over 50 years, and today, with a workforce of 200 people, is a highly regarded manufacturer of specialist components for the automotive industry.
The Plant Manager is P&L responsible and has complete autonomy for all aspects of managing the Scotland plant.
• Direct reports are: Unit Managers, Quality, Logistics, Planning, Engineering/Maintenance, HR, EHS
• Develop production efficiency and drive production excellence programs
• Drive and manage cost reduction programs
• Develop a comprehensive plan with a focus on overall improvement, cost management and on-time delivery ensuring equipment is capable
• Management of the Value Chain
• Staff selection, optimisation and development
• Motivate workforce and develop skills
• Ensure that contractual commitments are met and opportunities are maximised
• A professional technical (mechanical engineering) qualification
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in leading production facilities or parts (at least 3 years with a headcount of 100+)
• Experience within the UK and European automotive sector
• Experience in Scotland would be a plus
The candidate must be a well-balanced, flexible and performance-oriented person with a strong business attitude and negotiation skills.
Availability to travel to Europe and worldwide.
English very good / native speaker