Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 + benefits
Application date: 12th Dec 2022
About Our Client
Our client is a well established FMCG orgnisation based in Manchester.
The primary purpose of the role is to be responsible for the site – including where applicable: safety on site; optimizing labour; material, equipment and sustainability resources to maximize product availability and meet customer expectations with excellent quality and service. The job holder will be required to drive the employee engagement and development across the whole site
Responsibility of Manchester plant operations.
· Ensure all Plant activity complies with current H&S legislation.
· Ensure the operation is fully manned & trained within Safety Health Environment & Risk guidelines.
· Ensure processes are compliant to ISO 45001 and 9001 standards
· Maintain an accurate reporting of stock with a regular audit cycle. Control storage, stock rotation, stock levels and material handling. Maintain comprehensive administration data and procedures to achieve high levels of stock accuracy. Control out-storage requirements in area. Escalate stock control issues.
· Production plan adherence to drive service level (right staffing, consistent PR %)
· Deliver a quality product via PQS conformance/complaints.
· Support high levels of customer service through complaint and assurance visits where necessary.
· Achieve financial objectives. Budgetary responsibility. Project delivery.
· Drive the engagement and enablement agenda for all workers to deliver year on year improvements. Develop the management team within site to create a high performing team.
The Successful Applicant
Management experience in a manufacturing Plant Operations or Logistics environment.
Worked at Plant Manager Level. Experience in Project Management, business and systems analysis.
Experienced Lean or Continuous Improvement champion.
Demonstrated experience of cross functional and multi-level interaction and working in a matrix organization
Ideally experience of working within high volume / target driven manufacturing environment Led & achieved results in pan-European, multi-single site, working with multi-lingual teams & blue-collar site
Proven skills and capabilities in leadership, communication, capability collaboration and problem solving.
Excellent Communication skills Knowledge of the Budgeting process and CAPEX process Use of Project Management
Knowledge and use of Lean/Six Sigma PC Literate. Particularly strong Excel skills.
You must have experience managing a site in a unionised environment.
What’s on Offer
£60,000 to £65,000 plus bonus, car allowance and benefits