Recruiter: Evans Taylor
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Salary: €90,000 to €105,000 plus car, bonus and benefits.
Application date: 28th Sep 2018
Part of a truly substantial international organisation, our client is without doubt a world leader in its field. A true innovator who has experienced substantial and consistent success for many years, they design, manufacture and install a comprehensive range of intelligent material handling and automatic guided vehicle systems that improve the intralogistics in warehousing, manufacturing and distribution centres for many of the world’s biggest companies. Growth remains firmly on the agenda and as such we are looking to appoint an outstanding Plant Manager/Director to the critical position who will lead an exciting change agenda and ensure the business truly maximises its potential.
• Outstanding opportunity to lead a niche yet high profile manufacturing/assembly and test facility and change agenda.
• You will understand the rigours and demands of running a complex low volume/high value manufacturing facility and will have the ability to identify opportunities and the know-how, to turn them into commercial reality.
• You will drive people engagement, creating a culture of communication and involvement at all levels to ensure a high performing best practice environment.
• You will be required to define operational policy, develop a truly measurable continuous improvement culture and will be expected to lead the organisation towards best in class.
• You will be fully accountable for the day to day operational and strategic management of the business and will effectively manage all assembly and test activities, in order to meet the company’s financial performance criteria and to monitor performance against agreed key performance indicators.
• To formulate and implement plans to develop an effective manufacturing and operational structure and direct, coach, train and motivate teams towards the establishment of a continuous improvement environment.
• To implement a sophisticated change programme in terms of systems, processes and people and machinery.
• To recommend and implement new process flows in order to reduce non-value-adding labour time and waste.
• Creating a rigorous quality philosophy and drive this into every aspect of operator roles and responsibilities.
• To align process capabilities with the needs of the business, and control operating budgets and costs.
• This unique position demands an exceptional manufacturing/operations professional, who is seeking a highly visible role and you will relish the opportunity to develop your career in an organisation, where exceptional opportunities exist for high class performers.
• Of graduate calibre or degree qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline, you will have an outstanding track record in manufacturing/operational management gained within a best in class manufacturing environment.
• Ideally with low volume, high value experience, you will understand a highly customised assembly and test/project environment where best practice is part and parcel of everyday life.
• As such, you are likely to be working within the capital goods/capital equipment sectors, supplying into e.g. food, beverages, signalling, logistics, machine tools, construction, general engineering industries etc.
• An entrepreneurial self-starter, agile, decisive and empowering, you will be the type who can champion change, introduce far reaching initiatives and will have the stature, presence, vision and drive to lead the business to unprecedented levels of performance.