Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 + Bonus
Application date: 10th Mar 2021
My client is a design-led engineering company creating bespoke vehicles for major OEMs. With many years of experience in the motorsport sector, they now specialise in commercial vehicles, producing some striking designs. The business is currently going through a major growth phase having developed partnerships with several major global OEMs.
As a result of this rapid and considerable growth, a position now exists for an NPI Procurement Director.
Partnering closely with key stakeholders in NPI, Research and Design, the NPI Procurement Director will lead and develop the procurement and supply chain strategies that will help define future success. The role will primarily focus on leading and driving upstream procurement activity across all categories for new technologies and new supplier engagements. You will lead the NPI department through the early stages of the NPI process to ensure robust new supply chains that have optimum cost, quality, and performance outcomes. You will also have overall responsibility and accountability for the Purchasing Function which will include people and budgetary management.
• Manage and coordinate the NPI team to ensure new product releases are aligned with the product lifecycle gates/phases.
• Lead effective collaboration with a cross functional project team (NPI, Research, Operations, Quality, Business Development), driving robust and transparent decision making in support of the business product development processes.
• Track and coordinate all program deliverables, highlighting program risks, putting in place plans to mitigate and providing regular status reports on the program.
• For NPI, lead procurement alignment to optimise the supply chain.
• Develop and lead an engagement plan to develop and partner with manufacturing suppliers in low cost locations to ensure delivery of the projects.
• Interact with suppliers to ensure appropriate support and execution of NPI deliverables as well as manage supplier performance.
• Responsible for ongoing management of purchasing and supply chain strategy and activity.
• Create and implement best practice policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve the business.
• Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure to drive value for money, quality standards and best delivery terms.
• Maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the development of contracts, relationships, and contract management.
• Manage the flow of materials per project requirement, including analysis of supplier capacity and capability to ensure the ability to supply parts for adequate line fill and inventory optimisation.
• To take ownership for new product material costs with full understanding and reporting of cost drivers and cost changes.
• Works closely with the design/NPI to identify critical parts, long lead parts, inspection criteria and any special packaging/shipping requirements.
• Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
• Member of CIPS would be an advantage.
• Demonstrable experience in strategic and NPI sourcing with international exposure.
• Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management.
• Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance.
• Strong project management skills.
• Experience gained in a combination of large automotive tier one supply with a strong appreciation for the culture and demands of an SME.
• Commercially and financially astute with experience of contract and budget management.