Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £50,000 + bonus & benefits
Application date: 27th Feb 2023
We are working with a true global, aerospace and defence supplier and manufacturer. This particular part of the business is working on key projects that are being developed in conjunction with leaders in electrification of aeroplanes.
In this newly created role, as Procurement Lead, you will be the main interface between Procurement and Programmes. You will lead the performance of all work transfers, modifications and NPIs (New Product Introduction) from sourcing to delivery & handover to Operations.
You will help the business ensure supply chain rate readiness including capacity and capability, you will co-ordinate the change process with supply chain, such as modifications or cost saving, working with other disciplines such as Quality and ME and will enable them to gain necessary Supplier approvals against Customer and in house requirements.
You will engage with the governance and strategies set by the Procurement Commodity, Procurement Operations and Business Line Programmes, ensuring these are reviewed and agreed with the Programme Manager.
This role will be based at their site near Bristol, where they specialise in the design and manufacture of large complex structural wing assemblies, detailed metallic components and wing systems for a combination of both civil and military aircraft, including next generation, electric, vertical take-off aircraft.
In this key role, other duties will be to:
• Lead & resource projects as part of a multi-functional team to ensure the supply of parts on time, to quality and at target costs in accordance with technical requirements.
• Be responsible for Programme Procurement Change Control, Export Control
• Be responsible for the delivery / maintenance / Integrity of Programme BOM to Cost / Budget / Board paper, while ensuring Item / Contract Item Data is updated and maintained.
• Have accountabilities for all relevant Health, Safety, and Environment issues in area of responsibility, including risk assessments and completion of corrective action plans
• Ensure compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety Procedures relevant to all work activities. Reporting of all accidents and near misses as per the company’s procedure and implementation of identified corrective actions.
• As part of the role and when the job dictates, be required to travel to, and work at, other company premises on the UK mainland and abroad.
• To help the company and department make a difference, you’ll bring your passion and expertise/ talent for what you do along with the following skills, experience, qualifications and attributes:
Essential skills and experiences:
• Previous experience in supply chain management in an Aerospace environment
• Good experience in project management
• Commercial awareness
• Excellent communication skills that transfer to all levels within the organisation.
• Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team.
• Demonstrate the ability to deliver results in a challenging environment
• Experience in implementing industry best practices
Ideally Degree Qualified in Business Administration or 2 years + procurement or supply chain experience; Ideally have gained or is working towards MCIPS Qualification