Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Application date: 10th Nov 2020
Your new role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a recognised manufacturing organisation in North East Lincolnshire. As Procurement Manager you will be responsible for developing and delivering a Purchasing strategy, developing and maintenance of the purchasing system and ensure availability of raw materials for site in a timely and costly manner.
You will be involved in end-to-end purchasing, including sourcing of materials/services, contract negotiations and management, supplier relationship management, key stakeholder engagement. You will also be responsible for the management of a team, that you will be responsible for guidance, development, work performance and behaviours.
• Operationally Manage a Purchasing Team
• Management of a multi-million-pound Procurement Profile spend
• Accountability for Inventory Control and Materials Management.
• Stakeholder Engagement and Management
• Supplier Relationship Management.
• Supply / Supplier Risk Management Planning.
• Sourcing of new materials, products and services.
• Leading of contract negations and management
• Development and implantation of local Purchasing strategy, while adhering to Group Purchasing frameworks.
What you’ll need to succeed
• Degree level or equivalent professional qualification would be advantageous,
• Membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply is essential, ideally MCIPS
• Understanding and experience of contract law and negotiations
• People Management experience, must have previous experience in managing a team.
• Technical skills required; Negotiation, Tendering, Contract Management
• Soft skills required; Influencing, relationship management (external & internal), Communication skills
• ICT; must have strong analytical skills, competent user of Excel and ERP systems (SAP etc).
What you’ll get in return
• A competitive and negotiable salary – dependant on experience
• Excellent benefits package
• Full Time, Permanent position
• Free, onsite parking