Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £40,00 - £45,000 + benefits
Application date: 25th Dec 2020
Your new company
Hays Procurement and Supply Chain is currently working with a fast-growing manufacturing organisation.
Your new role
Leading the Procurement team to deliver the required materials for production. This role’s primary focus is to coach the existing team and provide procurement expertise as a reference point for team excellence. Working with and mentoring the team to ensure contracts and agreements with all key suppliers are managed effectively. This will cover both procured goods and supplier held inventories.
You will be responsible for:
• Overseeing the procurement team in relation to the replenishment of components
• Utilising the MRP system to ensure all production can be completed in a timely manner.
• Overseeing the procurement of finished goods, sourced from the Far East for resale, are supplied into both UK and US facility.
• Ensuring adequate components stock and finished goods in partnership with the Demand Planning team.
• Ensuring all procedures are documented and controlled.
This is a fast-paced environment where an ability to work well under pressure and plan effectively will be the key to success.
What you’ll need to succeed
• MCIPS qualified or currently working towards
• Previous experience of having managed 3rd party suppliers.
• 3rd party production oversight experience
• Clear understanding of procurement procedures for manufacturing
• Appreciation of lean manufacturing principles
• Inventory management expertise
• Knowledge and experience of component purchasing from low-cost economies, particularly the Far-East would be of benefit.
• Resolute character
• Good team player
• Strong listening skills and ability to make decisions
• Good coaching skills to support the development of the team
• Ability to accept, support and if necessary instigate change. Desire to guide, steer and grow a team to support company aspirations and growth.