Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 + Bonus
Application date: 12th Jan 2022
A food manufacturing company is recruiting for a Procurement Manager to manage the packaging division including flexible and plastics. You will responsible for securing and sourcing packaging for food products. You will have a strong procurement background with strong knowledge of packaging and experience of managing a team.
As a Procurement Manager, your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of.
• Responsible for the creation and execution of procurement strategies for several packaging categories to deliver value for the category and ensure supply through creation and execution of a risk management strategies.
• Identify and deliver Continuous Cost Improvement opportunities for these categories
• Collaborating cross functionally to participate in optimization projects in terms of cost, quality, service and innovation
• Manage supplier performance against agreed objectives, putting in place corrective actions where necessary.
• Lead selected projects for the whole Directs category
• Deputies for the Category head in meetings, when required.
• Manage several buyers to ensure effective execution of objectives across the spend pool.
An exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager with the following.
• Degree qualified with a strong purchasing background.
• Strong understanding of food packaging.
• Previous experience leading a purchasing team.
• Evidence of maturity, collaboration and communication skills (written and verbal), strong interpersonal skills, influencing ability.
• Works with the customer in mind and manages stakeholders’ expectations appropriately
• Efficient, results and reporting orientated.
• Highly competent in the use of Excel, Power Point and SAP