Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Excellent salary + benefits
Application date: 4th Apr 2023
We are currently working with a specialist manufacturer of state-of-the-art security systems for the commercial and domestic markets seeking to recruit an exceptional Procurement Manager. The main areas of responsibility will be to manage a complex inbound supply chain, supporting two manufacturing locations and to ensure zero interruption to production whilst controlling and reducing purchased parts inventory levels. The business has over 17000 Sku’s so you will have exceptional planning and communication skills to compliment your procurement and purchasing knowledge.
What’s in it for you?
• This is an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and manufacturing processes used within the general engineering sectors.
• A competitive salary and benefits, working for a specialist manufacturing organisation that are at the forefront of their industry experiencing exceptional growth
• The business is backed by a well known and respected funding bank.
As Procurement Manager, you will
• Responsibility to produce and maintain a plan for every part to enable zero line stops in production. This includes but is not limited to, forecasting, phasing, and specific category management
• Tracking and reporting of metrics to the key stakeholders within the business regarding purchasing activities
• Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking of suppliers
• Forecast price, market trends and risk to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power. Linked to this create a partner relationship with suppliers and negotiate for optimum terms
• Work with the NPI and R&D teams to enable smooth transitions for design changes or effective launch plans on new products.
• Lead and develop the rest of the procurement department.
We are keen to talk to procurement management professionals, who perhaps worked in a fast paced, complex manufacturing system, surrounded by multiple parts and BOMS, you will have experience of developing, what a world class procurement function should look like and implementing this into a fast-growing SME environment. It is expected that you will bring professionalism, process and stability to the supply chain and certainly be very aware of mitigating risk and bring supply back into the UK and Europe,
It is expected you will have:
• Strong knowledge of Electronics supply chain with 5-10 years’ experience in the sector
• Proven track record of developing, leading, and executing purchasing strategies and category management
• Tenacious, driven for results, never gives up
• Ability to manipulate data to a high level, preferably with Excel and PowerBi.
• Ability and experience interacting with ERP and MPR systems.
You will have the following personality traits:
• Highly positive attitude in the face of challenges, maintaining high energy levels
• Desire to lead and manage others
• Calm and collected under pressure
• Firm-but-fair management style bringing a sense of fun into the workplace
• A mindset of continuous improvement
• A desire to collaborate and learn across departments
• Action-oriented, with a focus on execution
• Data driven decision making
This is an excellent time to join the business and one that will provide the right candidate with operational, hands on coupled with strategic direction via procurement, into the overall direction of the business.