Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Attractive Salary & Benefits Package
Application date: 21st Feb 2020
Exciting opportunity for strategic procurement professionals to work for one of the UK’s most innovative technology development companies. This is a truly exceptional organisation who are at the forefront of a leading edge and growing, technology-led medical device market.
We are looking to recruit procurement professionals who have a passion for working with a creative and forward-thinking environment. A track record of success within a technical procurement role and experience of bringing complex new products to market is key.
As a Strategic Procurement Manager, you will lead a new and expanding strategic procurement team, responsible for managing a small team of buyers. Your technical commodity background should either be mechanical or electronic biased. With your technical and commercial skills, you will build strong relationships with key suppliers, as well as cross-functional teams. This is a pivotal role providing the link between internal and external stakeholders.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition you will have:
• Strong organisation and negotiation skills
• Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
• Additional professions qualifications highly desirable (CIPS)
• Experience of procurement within a similar, technology-led and highly regulated industry.
• Proven track record of success in strategically managing electronics or mechanical related commodities.
• A good understanding of technical terms with respect to Mechanical and/or Electronic materials, to enable confident communication with suppliers and internal engineering
• Ability to lead and develop a small team of procurement professionals.
• Influence and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Desire to contribute directly to a company who will revolutionise the healthcare/medical sector globally.
• A self-motivated and customer-focused approach
• A flexible, responsive approach and mindset to work productively in a busy environment
• Proven decision-making experience
In return for your extensive technical procurement skills and experience, you will be offered a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.