Product Design Manager
Recruiter: Fulcrum Strategies
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Application date: 1st Nov 2019
As a result of major new Defence contract wins, coupled with re-alignment following an organisational change programme, exciting times are ahead for this global market leading PLC.
Recognised for delivering technical solutions to OEM’s and an extensive installed customer base, the company manufacture critical components for power transmission equipment used in drivetrain applications within Marine Propulsion, Mineral, Oil & Gas Extraction, Mass Transit, and Metal Processing Sectors.
• Take control of a small team of Design, Test and Product Support Engineers and ensure efficient throughput of projects allocating tasks and resources to maximise workflow.
• Oversee all front end activities for effective DFM of both low-value standard and higher value modified or bespoke items and push/pull through external and internal functions.
• Provide support to the Lead Applications Engineer from a design perspective in response to OEM customer applications and specifications
• Lead the aim for efficiencies in prototyping, testing and product validation processes where necessary and work towards cohesion between the design and production disciplines.
• Should demonstrate solid management experience of product design and development programmes with the interpersonal skills to enhance inter-departmental communications.
• Conversant with ProE CAD software package (Creo 2.0 an added advantage) and able to assimilate technical complexities and present feasible solutions.
• Ideally possess expertise in TVA or NVH, FEA and dynamic torque with specific regard to stress and sheer calculations for precision engineered industrial products.
• Welcome the prospect of heading and driving a team supporting best practice culture, whilst striving for notable customer service levels.