Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £50,000 p.a + 12.5% Bonus
Application date: 10th Aug 2018
This leading global automotive manufacturing and assembly business with multiple sites in the UK is actively seeking to appoint an experienced Production Manager to take responsibility of the team for production resources, customer satisfaction, plant performance and overall productivity.
• Coordinate the team with a view to satisfying customers in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery.
• Optimise the use of tooling and production resources in relation with the departments concerned.
• Track performance measurement indicators (management charts and performance tracking of production lines.)
• Optimise the consumption rate of raw materials and the efficiency of implementation.
• Take part in quality events by implementing the inspection measures necessary and by implementing appropriate problem solving methods.
• Ensure the application of the identification and traceability measures during manufacturing.
• Coordinate daily quality meetings and related Kaizen initiatives.
• Manage internal 8D for the scope of activity.
• Take part in Human Resources management (identifying training needs, assessment, recruitment etc.)
• Oversee the availability and reliability of the equipment, supervise the preventive maintenance plan and coordinate any necessary repairs on plant maintenance.
• Liaise with all plant departments and/or Cross-Functional Departments concerned.
• Externally liaise with customers, suppliers (tools, machines), as well as with all the service providers.
• Take authority to block production and to take decisions regarding the compliance or non-compliance of a product.
• Educated within a technical field backed up with good solid production management experience, ideally within an automotive/engineering/manufacturing organisation.
• Significant managerial and leadership capacities, good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and to come up with ideas to take the initiative and to cope with the unexpected.
• Strong analytical skills and proficient in desktop applications (Word, Excel etc).
• Technical knowledge in Lean, Continuous Improvement and PRP (Production Resource Planning) concepts.
• Proficiency in management and Quality tools, including SAP which would be an advantage.