Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + Pension & 25 days holiday
Application date: 29th Jan 2019
This well established and reputable organisation has been supplying the automotive sector machined parts and assemblies since the 1800’s. This is a new position for the organisation to bring management, process and efficiency’s to the forge shop floor. The business has a solid reputation based on quality and on time delivery of goods and they have a very stable forward order book.
As Production Manager you will ensure the quality of the parts produced meet all customer expectations. Manage the Forge operations to achieve the requirements of each customer and the QMS to ISO 9001:2015 in the most productive & safe manner.
Key areas of responsibility for the Production Manager
Whilst experience in forging would be an advantage it is not essential for the role.
• Applying good manufacturing practice and observing that it is being adhered to.
• Manage the Die & Tool Room in respect of manpower & Die & Tool manufacture.
• Ensure all Forge personnel are gainfully employed.
• Co-ordinate workforce to deliver the on-time plan to achieve +90% OTIF.
• Ensure that all of the quality check procedures put in place by the company are followed during forge production phase.
• Participate in production reporting and management review process.
• Report problems or concerns to senior management immediately.
• Work with the Director of Manufacturing on any production issues.
• Attend production meetings with all the information necessary to ensure that meeting is both informative and productive.
• Report to the Director of Manufacturing as to production progress plan.
• Support the Director of Manufacturing to achieve production deadlines
• Stop production in the event of manufacture of unacceptable goods/processes
• Undertake special projects as required.
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
• Maintain Forge employee matrix.
• Demonstrate Fault finding and Analytical ability.
• Able to coach Forge Staff as required on production Issues.
• Ability to communicate at a technical level with Peers and external experts.
• Implement process improvements.
• Liaise closely with Technical and Quality & Planning to maximise production output.
• Identify Cost savings through process improvements.
• Any other reasonable duties requested to be undertaken by the Director of Manufacturing.
• Manage Planned Preventative Maintenance system.
• Knowledge of 5s methodology
The Production Manager will be targeted on the following key performance indicators:
• Ensure the companies Utilisation targets are achieved.
• Ensure the companies Max. Scrap targets are reduced.
• Ensure +90% OTIF.
• Ensure Dies & Tools are manufactured & maintained for production in line with the production plan.
• Ensure equipment is safe and operational and ensure maintenance is carried out as required
• Ensure employees are following Health and Safety Procedures at all times