Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Up to £50,000 + benefits
Application date: 26th Apr 2019
An experienced Production Manager is required for an established SME Manufacturing business involved in medium to high volume processing of industrial components. Having recently moved to new purpose-built facilities the company has seen a dramatic increase in demand from new customers. With an increasing order book, the company are now looking to recruit a forward-thinking Production Manager who will take responsibility for the direct Production Team and a small team of support staff including quality and maintenance.
As Production Manager you will have an in-depth understanding of lean manufacturing and more importantly a track record that demonstrates an ability to train, coach and work with people to create a sustainable continuous improvement culture that can deliver against exacting SQCD targets.
To be considered for this Production Manager position you must have or be:
• Experience working as a Production Manager within a fast-paced component processing environment, which could include industrial coatings, paint or plating
• An understanding of JIT, 5S, SMED, OEE and pull systems is required together with problem solving tools such as 8D, 5 Why, root cause analysis and standard operating procedures.
• Experience of working within light engineering which may include automotive, electronics, electronic device manufacture or general engineering
• A strong engineering or manufacturing background ideally supported by qualifications to HNC, HND or degree level
• A real passion for Continuous Improvement and implementing simple but effective KPIs
• An understanding of cell manufacturing and establishing production systems that can handle a product mix based on Runners, Repeaters and Strangers
• An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques, able to generate a high-performance culture focussed on delivery and excellent customer service
• Dynamic, data driven, numerate with an excellent understanding of capacity planning and production scheduling
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to motivate create understanding and engagement
This will be a challenging position and you will work as part of a close-knit management team that reports directly into the Managing Director. Based on success, the role has the potential to develop into a full Operations Manager/Director position as the company grows. As Production Manager you will have strong leadership, management and decision-making skills with a focus based on Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and giving the highest levels of customer service.