Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Location: East Yorkshire
Application date: 2nd Jul 2019
Your new role
An exciting new opportunity for a Production Manager in a well-known company based in the East Yorkshire region. As Production Manager, you will manage all production operations in a rapidly changing environment. As a member of the site leadership team and leader of the operations management team you will be expected to embrace and lead by the company’s vision and strategy, while effectively meeting operational, business and continuous improvement objectives.
• Manage the operations of all production areas to ensure that safety, volume, cost, and quality objectives are achieved.
• Full budgetary responsibility for the department
• Plans and establish work schedules, staffing requirements, and production sequences to maximize productivity.
• Provide production process analysis, makes recommendations on and implements solutions to process challenges and opportunities.
• Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Ensure that health and safety regulations are met and provide a safe working environment.
• Organize and coordinate relevant employee training sessions and ensure compliance to safe and effective work processes.
• Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel, providing effective and timely coaching and development.
• Build and develop relationships at all levels across the leadership team, manufacturing function and site in order to spark teamwork and continuous improvement.
• Track, report and drive achievement and continuous improvement to KPI’s.
What you’ll need to succeed
• Previous experience in a similar role is essential
• Possess a degree in management or related field or an acceptable combination of relevant education and experience.
• IT skills including SAP (preferred).
• IOSH Managing Safely (preferred).
• NEBOSH qualified (preferred).
• Lean six sigma manufacturing experience.
• ISO experience (preferred).
• Full UK driving licence.
• Strong leadership and team building characteristics.
• Effective communication skills.
• Practical hands-on approach to problem solving.
• Personal drive and enthusiasm to achieve results.
What you’ll get in return
• Competitive and Negotiable Salary, dependant on experience
• Full company benefits package
• Monday – Friday, days based position
• Free, onsite parking