Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £40,000 (DOE) + benefits
Application date: 6th Aug 2020
An experienced Production Manager is required for an established SME manufacturing and engineering business involved in the production of bespoke machined and fabricated assemblies. The company are now looking to strengthen their management team and this role will hold responsibility for a small but highly skilled production team, and associated support staff. As Production Manager you will have an in-depth understanding of modern lean manufacturing tools and techniques and be confident and comfortable working in a full CNC milling & turning environment.
To be considered for this Production Manager position you must have or be;
• Experience working as a Production Manager within a bespoke precision engineering manufacturing environment, that is fully compliant with Health, Safety & Environmental regulations.
• Solid experience of precision turning and milling on modern M/Cing centres, an ability to part-programme using a range of controllers including Fanuc, Heidenhain or Mazatrol.
• Have the “hands-on” expertise to constantly reduce cycle times on machined components using your knowledge of materials, speeds & feeds and tooling.
• Have a strong background in production planning and scheduling of works orders using ERP, ensuring that tooling and fixturing is ready and prepared so that cutting time and machine utilisation is maximised.
• A good understanding of 5S, SMED, OEE, SOP and pull systems is required together with an ability to problem solve using “5 Why” and root cause analysis.
• A strong engineering or manufacturing background ideally supported by a full machining apprenticeship with qualifications to C&G, ONC, HNC or HND or degree level.
• A real passion for Continuous Improvement and able to implement simple but effective KPIs that will drive efficiency and maximise capacity and improve quality.
• An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques, able to develop a high-performance culture focussed on delivery and customer service.
• A solid Production Manager and machining expert, data driven with an ability to challenge and demonstrate improved ways of working, while at the same time being able to motivate create engagement and switch people on.
This will be a challenging position and you will work as part of a close-knit management team and report directly into the Managing Director. As Production Manager, you will have strong leadership, management and decision-making skills with a focus based on Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and giving the highest levels of customer service.