Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 + bonus
Application date: 17th Sep 2020
An experienced Production Manager is required to join a leading technology company based in Watford. Specliasing in the manufacture of innovative electronic products.
The successful candidate is expected to adopt a hands-on approach and will be primarily responsible for the coordinating of day-to-day activities within the Production department to ensure timely delivery of finished products. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join an expanding company with a view to delivering class leading optical fibre sensing products to customers across the world.
Key responsibilities for the Production Manager:
• Planning production schedule based on demand forecast from business units.
• Assessing and planning of resource requirements; Identifying potential bottlenecks and formulating mitigation plans.
• Managing production schedule and ensuring timely delivery of product to meet sales demand.
• Managing of stock and purchasing activities.
• Establishing and maintaining product quality control processes.
• Coordinating with product engineering team on the release of build and test procedures for use by production department.
As the Production Manager you will require the following skills and experiences:
• We are looking for a dedicated individual with a background in manufacturing of complex electronic or optical instrument.
• The candidate must possess excellent communication and organisation skills with a keen eye for attention to details.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related engineering or science field.
• Proven ability in leading and managing a team (at least 5-10 members).
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in production leadership role.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
• Knowledge of material resource planning (MRP) system.
• Capable of multitasking with proven teamworking and interpersonal skills.
• IT Literate – Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Words.