Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000
Application date: 3rd Nov 2021
Your new company
Hays is delighted to be working alongside this globally recognisable brand based in the West Midlands in recruiting a Production Manager to join its team. Its innovative and collaborative approach in supporting its customer base creates solutions to cover all aspects of business, building strong relationships to support the strength of the brand.
Your new role
Your new role as a Production Manager will see you ensure the production performance and processes of production operations are working to achieve key targets and performance indicators. You will drive continuous improvement throughout the department and deliver communications through to staff to ensure strategies and projects are being followed.
• To ensure the health, safety and welfare of all staff, specifically within all production departments, ensuring all staff are correctly inducted, trained and have the relevant risk assessments, and safe systems of work, and ensuring staff are following these rules.
• Strategic planning of all operations, manpower and costs of all production areas.
• Business Plan formulation and monthly reviews for all production areas.
• Budget formulation for all responsible areas and review against targets.
• Generation of Management reports for the area, critiqued against departmental KPI’S.
• To drive 5S across the department and ensure staff commitment and compliance to becoming a showroom production area via continuous improvement.
• Ensure unit cost is achieved through forward planning and ensuring manpower/productivity controls are in place.
• ISO9001 management and maintenance of the department’s quality plans and all related procedures.
• Effective management of budgets.
What you’ll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will require previous management experience in a fast-moving production environment. You will have a can-do attitude and excellent ability in coaching, training and developing staff.
• Management experience in a fast-moving production environment.
• Experience in delivering upon production targets and managing improvements.
• ILM Level 5 in supervisory management or equivalent, IOSH Managing Safely (essential).
• NEBOSH Managing Safely (desirable)
• Awareness of Kaizen techniques.
• Business plan formulation and budget setting.
• Knowledge, understanding and experience with ISO9001.
What you’ll get in return
In return you will receive an excellent basic salary of £60,000 to £65,000 per annum, 10% bonus plus company car and healthcare benefits.