Recruiter: Theo James
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Application date: 15th Jun 2022
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Production manager/Value stream manager.
This role unlocks a unique opportunity, one that will guarantee autonomy and backing from senior management to fully execute the role as you see fit.
The right candidate will inherit a very capable, skilled production team who are hungry for development and new ideas!
Direct and coordinate activities of the production department in processing materials and manufacturing products. Lead an operational team to deliver projects safely and to time, cost, quality and sustainability targets, meeting customer needs and expectations. Maximise financial performance of the Business Unit, achieving health, safety, environmental, quality, delivery and cost targets within budgeted commitment.
Key duties and responsibilities include
• Ensure that all quality, cost, and delivery requirements agreed with the customers are met.
• Day to day management of production facility and direct line management of Team Leaders/Supervision.
• Effective resource planning for project work scopes and machines where applicable.
• Process optimisation and continuous improvement of output and quality.
• Accurate measurement of manufacturing performance for machines and workforce
• Delivery schedule definition and completion.
• Allocation of people and resources where necessary and encourage teamwork.
• Support the Senior Operations Manager in reporting to the board, setting budgets and forecasting.
• Optimise utilisation of resource – operating adequate processes and procedures, to ensure material availability, efficient material handling and product flow and effective capacity planning of machines and manpower.
• Implement production KPIs aligned with business objectives.
• Provide support to the proposals team in ensuring that operational components of submissions are produced effectively and reflect the requirements of the project under consideration.
• Identify and minimise all areas of waste executing continuous improvement activities to improve quality, productivity and stock-turns to reduce costs
• Contribution to management team (budgets, strategy etc).
• Lead, develop and coach individuals to build high performing teams
• Experience of production management, gained within manufacturing environment
• Proven experience of supervising/managing engineering and manufacturing disciplines i.e. CNC machinists
• Experienced in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodology
• Previous experience of resource planning
• Risk assessment and working with HSE and a 5S culture