Recruiter: Cooper Golding
Location: North Devon
Salary: £65,000 to £75,000
Application date: 15th Feb 2023
A global technology leader. Our client has a broad portfolio of top-quality aerospace components for outright sale or exchange, including fuel, hydraulic, ducting, and actuation products.
What is the purpose of the Production Manager?
Responsible for the overall management and manufacturing process within a very busy environment. Working closely with various different department to maintain cost of production right through to the planning and product quality.
What will the Production Manager do?
• Manages and directs all manufacturing activities to ensure completion of customer requirements
• Assesses performance indicators, and takes appropriate actions, to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals are met
• Ensures required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to meet customer, manufacturing system, and financial reporting requirements
• Assures policies, procedures, and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and compliant manufactured product
• Provides leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in quality, productivity and delivery performance
• Supports product design organization through new product introduction phase to ensure customer manufacturing delivery times are met
• Assures that Environmental, Health, and Safety issues are addressed considering local regulations, Eaton policy, and good corporate citizenship
• Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
• Develops budgets and resource plans, and monitors performance, to achieve product delivery and cost requirements
• Coordinates and assists with business initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across enterprise.
• Develop and implement programs to utilize the elements of EBS to achieve strategic goals of the plant, and profit plan objectives of the plant.
• Provide leadership that will enable subordinate personnel to develop and deploy the EBS toolbox: Lean System, Six Sigma
• Ensure that systems and operations are compliant with prescribed quality system requirement opportunities. Define root causes to scrap and rework and develop permanent corrective action to reduce or eliminate.
What skills and experience will the Production Manager have?
• Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
• Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
• Thorough understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
• Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes
• Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams
• Multiple years of related professional and Supervisory/Managerial experience
What will the Production Manager get in return
• 25 days holiday
• Auto enrolment pension
• Excellent culture
• Free parking