Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Attractive salary + benefits
Application date: 24th Mar 2023
A Production Manager (Machines) is required to join an International Defence Systems company that designs, manufactures, and supports world leading military Systems. The successful Production Manager (Machines) will be responsible for the efficient running of the Machine Shop in line with customer requirements. The Production Manager (Machines) will motivate and support the Machine Shop Team daily, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication. The Production Manager (Machines) willensure overall customer satisfaction, quality levels in line with strict standards and product traceability at all stages of the production process to meet targets. The Production Manager (Machines) will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Production Manager (Machines) will be responsible for the following:
• Manage the Machine Shop Team to ensure compliance with all HSE requirements.
• Promote a strong Health and Safety culture in line with the requirements.
• Utilise ERP workbench and sales forecasting to raise job orders in line with requirements.
• Manage transactional bookings of the ERP system.
• Manage the Machine Shop Team to produce and prioritise jobs.
• Where necessary, re-organise to meet deadline / priority changes.
• Ongoing development of the multi shift working model throughout the Machine Shop.
• Evolve to maximise machine resource utilisation and efficiency levels.
• Effective communication of product / programme status to all stakeholders within business.
• Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Ensure effective implementation and monitoring of the TPM program in the machining area.
• Monitor and report relevant KPI’s levels to the Leadership Team, in line with agreed targets
• Identify and mitigate potential barriers to attaining KPI’s consistently.
• Ensure machine uptime is maintained to high levels through utilisation of the team.
• Communication of machine / process issues to the Principal Machinists and Maintenance.
• Identify/mitigate barriers to attaining required output levels caused by resource constraints.
• Identify holidays/sickness issues to relevant team managers to minimise impact on output.
• Drive Continual Improvement of through effective deployment of company CI principles.
• Maintain and manage Machine Shop Team time and attendance recording and capacity issues.
• Monitor output levels with standardised costing models to ensure output and efficiency.
• Management and development of Team members utilising Personal Development Reviews.
• Active involvement in audits conducted both internally and by external certification bodies.
• Demonstrate adherence by the Team to defined processes and procedures.
• Implementation of new procedures/practices as required against any deviations identified.
• Management of Kanban within the machine shop.
The Production Manager (Machines) should have the following Qualifications Skills or Experience:
• An experience-based understanding of CNC machines and processes.
• Strong team-working and leadership experience, with drive and flexibility to maintain pace of work.
• Excellent team working and motivational skills to maximise the potential of the Machine Shop Team.
• Adaptability to change in a fast paced and fluid, manufacturing environment to satisfy the demands.
• Motivation and initiative, working equally well from the office or shop floor.
• Demonstrated time management, prioritisation and organisational skills.
• Experience in production scheduling and material planning using MRP / ERP tools.
• Degree in business, supply chain, logistics, operations/engineering or related field OR equivalent.
• Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office tools.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong multi-tasking abilities and the ability to obtain UK Security Clearance.
• Supervisory experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Experience in management / supervision of a variety of modern manufacturing environments.
• Experience Quality and Health and Safety requirements in manufacturing environment.
• Experience and knowledge of CI tools, Lean, Six Sigma ideally trained to Yellow Belt status or above.
**Security Clearance (SC) may be required due to the nature of the Defence products involved**