Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + benefits
Application date: 19th Apr 2023
About Our Client
Our client is a growing SME manufacturing company based in Liverpool
• Operating at a middle / senior level and reporting into the Board of Directors this role will have full responsibility for manufacturing across the site, working collaboratively with the management team to maximise site performance.
• Use CI tools/techniques (e.g. LEAN, TPM, Six Sigma, Kaizen) to proactively look for opportunities to drive continuous improvement, influence decisions and deliver results whilst ensuring an appropriate level of compliance
• Accountable for proactively leading and improving issues impacting on safety, compliance, and performance output
• Delivering across all areas of standards including safety; quality; cost; budget management and efficiency
• Drive lean manufacturing efficiencies and drive a continuous improve culture e.g. driving productivity, inventory reduction and reduce waste costs across the factory
• Create a great place to work through empowering, mentoring and coaching to develop the team
• Create opportunities to develop team members by identifying and developing talent and driving a strong culture of personal ambition and engagement
• Responsible for all aspects of production and planning and within these departments the recruitment, retention, and attendance of staff on site
• Lead teams to identify problem solving activities to understand the root causes and develop solutions to create sustained results.
• Ensure health & safety on both sites in maintained to the highest standards
• Supporting product development as and when required
• Through engagement and collaboration implement effective communication strategies across Production
The Successful Applicant
• You must have experience with a production management role.
• You must have experience running a fabrication and welding shop and building capital equipment.
• Degree qualified or equivalent qualification / work experience in either operations, engineering or management
• Ability to forge strong working relationships both internal and external to ensure products are delivered and customer satisfaction is continuously met
• Change Management skills
• Analytically strong with the ability to problem solve and make rapid decisions
• A natural leader with solid interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrable experience as a manufacturing leader who enjoys autonomy with proven skills in leading high performing teams in a fast past manufacturing environment
• Breadth of experience in high volume manufacturing organisations, implementing CI techniques to run an efficient operation that contributes to productivity and overall output of the business
• Experience of bespoke or complex manufacturing processes
• Proven experience in setting and delivering against KPIs with appreciation of what excellent looks like
• Experience with new factory moves would be a distinct advantage.
What’s on Offer
£50,000 to £60,000 plus benefits