Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: Excellent salary + benefits
Application date: 7th Jun 2023
About Our Client
My client is a relatively new manufacturing business who are developing and manufacturing state-of-the-art technology out of a new facility based on the outskirts of Bristol.
As the Production Manager you will be responsible for:
• Manage, lead, and grow the production team.
• Ensure capacity and capability are planned in conjunction with sales for an end-to-end view, planning capacity increase where needed.
• Drive and co-ordinate process improvements working closely with the product technology lead and quality manager to ensure on time delivery improvement without delay to production and potential hazards are captured and planned through.
• Implementation of lean and continuous improvements to bring a lean culture to the team in everything the facility does, leading lean events to make sure waste is eliminated in everything we do.
• Work with GM, production, and sales to develop and achieve monthly, weekly and daily targets against build plan and delivery schedule.
• Own and run the facility including regulation, fire, waste, HS&E, COSHH, IOSHH, budgets etc.
• Own and manage stock levels, ordering of components and consumables to match build volumes and stock requirements as defined by successful candidate.
• Ordering and owning consumables for the facility.
• Develop the team professionally identifying training.
The Successful Applicant
As the Production Manager you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Ideally Degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
• Experience in running production and owning/responsible for facilities.
• COSHH & IOSH experience preferably recognised qualification.
• HS&E trained.
• Great communication skills.
• Understanding of machine safety standards.
• Ability to deliver change management and continuous improvement, setting targets for improvement over the year.
• Results focused.
• Experience in standardisation.
• Proven Lean tools experience.
• High levels of personal accountability and ownership, to effectively deliver on challenging and ambitious targets.
• Demonstrable experience in lean and CI.
What’s on Offer
Excellent salary, benefits and opportunity to develop as the business grows.