Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Competitive salary + benefits & car
Application date: 7th Nov 2023
This is a great opportunity to join a high growth company that can offer excellent career progression and development prospects. This role would suit somebody already experienced as a Production Operations Manager, looking for a new and exciting challenge, offering a competitive salary plus car and benefits with ongoing training and support.
Our client operates in the automotive arena, supplying niche products on a 1st and 2nd Tier basis, having an established customer base, exporting goods all around the world.
As a Production Operations Manager you will have:
• Experience running a busy manufacturing facility within the automotive arena, production production on a JIT and sequenced basis.
• An appreciation of quality systems and standard within operations to ensure the quality, costs, and delivery performance of the business meets the desired levels, working towards IATF16949 standards.
• The ability to drive change, always seeking opportunities for improvements to improve processes, procedures and systems, while reducing waste.
• Good product and manufacturing knowledge, with excellent communication skills to lead teams and deal with customers and suppliers during current production and new product launch.
• A background in taking primary production responsibility for the manufacturing processes to help achieve aim of “best in class”.
Responsibilities and Tasks include, but not limited to:
• Control of all work schedules with the Division to meet with customer demands and ensure efficient utilisation of resources.
• Develop and control all workplace organisation and controls, to ensure high levels of housekeeping and safety. Foster ethos underpinned by 5S to ensure continual improvement of workplace controls.
• Define machine standards, and ensure continual compliance with regards maintaining and servicing, utilise company audit regimes to manage and control compliance
• Develop and own the standard operating procedures for the depot. Define standards and audit to ensure compliance.
• Utilise Standard operating procedures to define skills of workforce, and to enable to affective development.
• Utilise skills matrix and mechanisms to appraise workforce and to identify opportunities for improvement, personal development.
• Ensure quality adherence, and that production achieves company aspirations of quality, and that these aspirations mirror the customer expectations.