Production Process Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Application date: 20th Aug 2019
A Production Process Manager is required for this innovative start-up business that is involved in the manufacture of a range of novel high precision miniature products. These CE certified products are patent protected and have passed type approval. The challenge now is to move into volume production and establish a stable, capable and repeatable manufacturing process that can produce products of the highest quality meeting tight tolerances in a near clean room environment. As a Production Process Manager, you will have an in-depth understanding of precision surface grinding of thin gauge sheet metal components. The job would ideally suit someone with a precision engineering background, apprentice trained who has a strong background in machining process development
To be considered for this Production Process Manager you must have or be:
• Experience working in a high-volume precision machining environment and be familiar with CNC grinding technology and the development of production processes.
• A strong manufacturing/production background ideally supported by qualifications to C&G, HNC, HND or degree level in production, manufacturing or mechanical engineering.
• A real passion for Continuous Improvement and implementing simple, meaningful and effective KPIs.
• An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern machining techniques.
• Able to work with universities and machine tool suppliers to develop a stable process and select the most capable machine tools and high-speed tooling.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, able to document, plan and develop standard operating procedures for high precision processes.
This is a very interesting position that will involve research and development into precision CNC surface and profile grinding. The role is a permanent position and would ideally suit an engineer out of work, looking for an interesting challenge. A retired or semi-retired engineer capable of working 3 days a week would also be considered. A precision engineering background and knowledge of grinding and machining processes are essential for this position.