Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £45,000 - £65,000
Application date: 7th Mar 2019
We are delighted to continue our partnership with one of the fastest growing FMCG businesses in Europe, employing over 10,000 people, in more than 50 factories producing close to 2million tonnes of product per year across the globe. It has never been a better time to join, with a strong business acquisition programme ongoing, a forward order book that is at breaking point and a brand that has gone from strength to strength, time has come to invest in their capabilities here in the UK.
To maintain the speed of growth they have seen over the last 2 years, a significant CAPEX programme is due to be undertaken in the next 5 years. To support this growth, we are now looking for a Project Engineer to report into the Project Engineering Manager on a 3-year Fixed Term Contract
About the role
• Own, manage and install capital engineering projects from £10k to £5 million within approved budgets and agreed timescales by working closely with departmental heads
• Work with the Site Operations Team to identify opportunities for capital investment that drive improvements in all areas of the business – safety/people/quality/service/cost
• Control the activities and standard of work of third party contractors on site by ensuring adherence to statutory compliance, hygiene and Health and Safety legislation and best practice.
• Ensure that the appropriate inductions and site familiarisation have been completed.
• Liaise with the purchasing function as required to ensure maximum value on the purchase of goods and services
• A broad engineering knowledge covering mechanical, electrical and site services specialisms
• Project engineering experience within a food or processing manufacturing environment
• Operational knowledge of CDM, H & S legislation and best practice
• Competency in the use of AutoCad and Microsoft Project
• Experience of PLC’s (preferably Siemens)
• Have effective communication, impact and influencing skills
• Ability to control budgets, to forecast and to plan work
• Effective time management and organisational skills
• Ideally hold HND or degree equivalent in a technical/engineering discipline
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and Site Services, experience of significant CAPEX projects up to £10m and you want to be considered, please apply today.